Food recipes

Thursday, September 21, 2017

A very hot day can make fish.

A whooping 92 F (33 C) was a very hot day for September here. It invited me to stay at home and do this painting of fish inspired by the earthy color textiles of Mexico. A spent an afternoon next to my husband watching tv and painting in the living room. There is (or should I say was, because I ignore if they still teach it) a song for children about fish that I learned in kindergarten. With the musical notes of this song in my mind, I share with you the result of this day, and the lyrics of that song. 


Entre el agua clara 

que brota en la fuente
un lindo pescado 
sale de repente.

Lindo pescadito
no quiere salir
a jugar con mi haro 
vamos al jardin.

Yo vivo en el agua
no puedo salir
mi mama me ha dicho
no salgas de aqui.

Mamacita linda
ahi viene Vicente
salcale una silla 
para que se siente.

Le dio la viruela
le dio el sarampion
que le quedo la cara 
como un chicharron. 
😉


2 comments: