Food recipes

Friday, September 8, 2017

Sandwich Fair


And 12 years later I returned to this Fair in Sandwich, Illinois, where I try tried my first corn dog ever here. Where eating a corn dog and a lemonade is a must. This time I came with proper gear and had lots of fun sketching. Still wondering about Sandwich name? Yeap, that's the name of the town. 

Thursday was senior day discount, that explains the high attendance of seniors and the high demand of scooter rentals like this one.

Musicians and a spoon player where popular among the crowd. Have you ever got spooned? -he asked to the audience.

I made many stops and spent a lot of time at the animal exhibitions. It was hard to choose from so many grandiose roosters small and huge at the poultry building. I omitted sketching the cage in which this rooster was in.

I learned about goats and 3 different length of ears, once more! The power of sketching! The young man who told me about the name of the breeds didn't know how to spell them, so I hope these notes sound familiar to you since I have no idea about goat breed names.
Some of the cute sheep were wearing covers, like coats, for some reason, it seemed like breeders didn't want the wool of the sheep to get dirty, perhaps for future competitions. Of all the animals the swine were the ones that for the most part were sleeping. The round muscles and pink flesh reminded me of humans sleeping..... jeez! 
The Herefords were bored but pampered with lots of fans blowing wind to keep them comfortable. 

Finally I was running out of gas. We sat down to enjoy a huge profiterole filled with real whip cream and a chocolate eclair. Sorry no sketches, my mouth was faster than my pen. But....I sketched my view from my table towards a cinnamon roll vendor....go figure.
It was a fun day in Sandwich Fair. I'm glad I refreshed my memories from twelve years ago. Now I have sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment