Food recipes

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Mexican grocery store


I stopped at the little Mexican store in my neighborhood where I go regularly to  buy some groceries They also serve food. There are three tables in the back of the store where to sit. We decided to have lunch there, my husband order a burrito and I wanted a soup. I asked the Mexican owner,  who is also the cook, if he had any soups. He said he had none, but he offered me some of the beef broth he has cooked for himslef and his wife for lunch. I immediately said yes.  He was born in the same town my mother was from and I intuited the broth would taste close to what I remember when I lived in Mexico. When I tested the broth it took me back the childhood, it tasted the way my mother used to do it, same ingredients, same seasoning. Just perfect. I was so grateful for his kindness, not only because he shared part of his lunch with me but for the memories he brought. While waiting for my husband to finish his lunch I sketched the butcher fridge behind us in my pocket size Stillman&Birn skethbook

No comments:

Post a Comment