Food recipes

Monday, January 29, 2018

People in the streets of Morelia.

This is a great time to post some sketches I've done during our stay in Morelia. Since I've been sick with a cold, I haven't strolled the streets nor have I had desire to sketch. I'll show you in this post, some of the people whose activities are familiar but not easy to spot anymore. Memories from my childhood came after spotting the milk man. I thought this species was extinct! The milkman sells raw milk he carries in these stainless steel jars from door to door. People boils the milk at home and because it is not homogenized, the floating buttery fat formed during this process of boiling is sometimes collected. We Mexicans call it nata. Nata over a bolillo roll bread sprinkled with sugar is heaven! 

She is an organillero, an organ grinder. This was the first time I've seen a woman playing it, it's usually men. She posed and smile when I took the photo while she was still playing her old and well made German organ. Songs are repetitive and sometimes out of tune, but it gives a fun vibe to the streets, better than noise of car engines or horns.
Are you familiar with Chinese fortune cookies? Well how a bout trying a bird which chooses a fortune paper for you? Yep, still out there. 

Morelia is full of surprises and old ways, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment